instruere...inlustrare...delectare Disputations

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

If you don't love, you're dead; if you do love, they'll kill you

I mostly read the Commonweal blog in the hopes that Peter Nixon has a new post up. But the comments on a post about a couple of reviews of some piece of idiocy by Richard Dawkins (am I the only one wondering why people would pay to read the theological opinions of Cpl. Newkirk?) turn to a discussion of the late Herbert McCabe, OP.

I've read two of Fr. McCabe's books -- God Matters and The Good Life. (The title of this post is a paraphrase of his statement in, I think, God Matters.) I agree with the commenters at Commonweal who say his writing could stand a wider reading.



Oh, and Colbert's clip of "Cooking With Feminists" is pretty funny, too.

| 0 comments |


Home