instruere...inlustrare...delectare Disputations

Monday, December 03, 2007

"Our God will come to save us"

I received a review copy of Zaccheus Press's new reprint, Priestblock 25487: A Memoir of Dachau, on Saturday. My first thought was, "Nothing gets you in the mood for Christmas like reading about concentration camps."

Then it occurred to me that nothing gets you to see the need for Christmas like reading about concentration camps.

When, through familiarity or thoughtlessness, we think of the Incarnation of the Son of God as nice, as a very thoughtful thing for God to have gone to all that trouble to do -- then, I think, we aren't really getting the point. We aren't getting the seriousness of sin, or the wrongness of the way things are, or the magnitude of God's love for us.



Okay, my first thought was, "Yay! A book!" I'm writing about my first relevant thought.

Labels:

| 0 comments |


Home