instruere...inlustrare...delectare Disputations

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Include me out

Happy Catholic informs us that the Catholic Company is expanding its Catholic Product Reviewer Program.

Free books? Sign me up!

Or not. I received the following email from their Director of E-Commerce:
Dear Mr. Kreitzberg,

I apologize, but the program requires that "The content (of your blog) must not contain anything contrary to the teachings of the Catholic Church." Since your website contains references to the Catholic Church as the whore of Babylon, I do not think that this site meets this guideline.
Which is pretty funny, and even funnier when you notice that the only post in the nearly six-and-a-half years I've been blogging that contains the phrase "whore of Babylon" is this one.

The punchline: Turns out I typed "blogpsot" instead of "blogspot" when I was filling in the "Your URL" field!

| 0 comments |


Home