instruere...inlustrare...delectare Disputations

Sunday, August 12, 2012

So that *was* my guardian angel I heard snickering

Yesterday I wrote:
But sometimes -- sometimes, the power of God works through a disciple in a mysterious and highly visible way. A disquietingly unsubtle way.
Today I report that I am an unwitting prophet. It turns out that, when I wrote the above, I was in the midst of a series of contingent actions that would combine with other serieses of contingent actions, about which I was wholly unaware, to produce my agreeing this morning to help with my parish's RCIA program, something I hadn't done even back in the days when I was the parish Lenten program.

Not at all disquieting, but definitely unsubtle.

The Punchline: Not only is it a good friend from my years in the Lay Fraternities of St. Dominic, who has occasionally commented on this blog and who, unbeknownst to me, transferred to my parish and was appointed our RCIA director. But her Dominican chapter is studying Forming Intentional Disciples, and she's already given a copy to our pastor.

Labels: ,

| 5 comments |


Home